<  Off Topic  ~  Star Wars Server / Name Listing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 pm
HonoredPosts: 28Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm
Here's a thread for who's on what server for Star Wars, their name, and their side. I'll update my post as soon as I know where I'll be!

-OJ

EDIT:
I have a Jedi Consular named Xel'jek on Master Dorak server

Last edited by Ojiron on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 pm
User avatarFriendlyPosts: 13Location: Oregon via MassachusettsJoined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 pm
Pipergirl wanted me to post that he and his friends are on the Darth Sion server. It's a west coast server. First toon's Darkside "Piperborg".

I however am not playing it (I know, boo hoo) but I'll probably be watching the others play a bit though!

Clandestine
Kalliopie
Saphea
Dawnbreaker
Tiddleewinks
Riblet
Sangue (bank toon)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:11 pm
User avatarReveredPosts: 71Location: Columbia, MOJoined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 pm
I got it pre-ordered but I'm not going to be able to get to it until Tuesday at the earliest.

Then I'm gone for X-Mas and likely won't be online much until the 28th.

Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:13 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 38Location: Austin, TxJoined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:15 pm
I started on a different server, but didn't go very far, so I'll restart on Darth Sion.

Smuggler - Arynne
Inquisitor - Erynne
Consular - Irynne
Bounty Hunter - Orynne

...yep

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:32 am
User avatarReveredPosts: 71Location: Columbia, MOJoined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 pm
How did this whole early start thing work? I have my receipt from Gamestop but there wasn't a code or instructions or anything.

Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:53 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 38Location: Austin, TxJoined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:15 pm
You might be able to go back to the Gamestop and ask if they can give you one. Ours didn't come on our receipt, so we asked about it and they had to print out a separate receipt for it. They also said something about having run out or not being allowed to give them out at some point, but that "they had just gotten some more codes in".

Even after you get your early access code, we had to wait until we got another email saying that we had been granted early access, but I don't think you'd have to wait very long since they've probably already invited most of the pre-orders already (it was on a first-preorder, first-served basis, but we ordered on Monday and got in yesterday).

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm
Anyone start a guild yet?

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:56 pm
FriendlyPosts: 16Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 pm
Piper says he & the boys haven't started a guild yet because he wanted to make sure that everyone was in agreement on the server.

Also, Mizz, can you help him figure out why he can't post here?

BF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 pm
Because he doesn't have an account =p I just opened up registration again, but tell him to make an account ASAP cause we get a lot of bots signing up when we leave registration open =)

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm
NeutralPosts: 5Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm
Hooray for my first post on the website!! Also, i got tor, and its installing ever so slowly :C..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:36 pm
Servers are down for maintenance until 11p CST shabam, so you have some time to install =)

I'll be on my Bounty Hunter, Orynne, if anyone wants to say hi. I'll probably play for a few hours tonight at least, if lag isn't too bad.

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 221Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:12 pm
You can find me on the following toons on Darth Sion:

Sal - Jedi Knight
Salovia - Sith Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:49 pm
I'm going to create a chat on both sides, so just type /cjoin Truthiness to join the channel

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:08 pm
Everyone except mizz is a bum. This game is fun and none of you are playing it >:[

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 pm
sooooooo muuuuuuuuuch fuuuuuuuuuun

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:25 pm
NeutralPosts: 2Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm
Pipergirl has a few toons now.
Pipergirl is a jedi knight
Pipergal is a sith inquisiter
Piperborg is a sith agent

My son Austin is: Gator, Nitsua, Stormi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:15 am
User avatarFriendlyPosts: 24Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 am
I made a bounty hunter mercenary, named Kaesden.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:54 pm
I'm two hours into the "SW:TOR Experience" and I'm not particularly enamored yet.

Perhaps because I've yet to actually get to play the game.

It took 45 minutes to install the game. "No big deal," I said to myself. "There are a lot of files, and WoW takes a long time to install from scratch too." So I figured I'd use the time to poke through the manual, get a feel for the character types and controls, maybe soak up some of the lore.

Oh. Manual. Right. Dunno if they included one in the $150.00 CE, but we latecomers get a four page installation guide, most of which is legal disclaimer and warnings about epilepsy.

Anyway, the game finally finishes installing, and I whisk away to the website to set up my account. Now, being a Mass Effect/Dragon Age fan, I already have an EA/Bioware account for DLC. But when I try to log in, it's no go. "Funny," I think to myself, "surely the account information is centrally located and shared for all their titles." But no, apparently not. So I have to register a *second* account with Bioware in order to set up my SW:TOR Experience.

I finally get an account registered (and is it nit picky to point out that if you are going to insist on certain character/numerical constants in your password that you should perhaps point those out BEFORE people hit submit for the first time?) and the site asks me for more money. "Wait a minute," I ask. "Don't I get 30 free days to try this baby out?"

Well, you do, (although technically it tells me I'm already down a day) but not until you give them a way to bill you for next month, either through a credit card or a game time card. Does WoW do this? I honestly have forgotten, although I seem to recall not getting hit up for recurring payment plans immediately after registering.

But fine, I can always cancel my card info if I decide I don't like the game.

So the account hoo-haw is all taken care of, and I can now log in and get to gaming! Yay!

Except not. Opening up the client for the first time, I go to type in my login/pwd info when suddenly the text all goes dark. I put my info in anyway, hit Login, and what do I see but the following ominous message:

"You are attempting to login from a region we do not support."

Now look, I know Missouri isn't the most glamorous location on the planet, but it's not exactly Terra Incognita, you know? Puzzled, I close the client and try to start it back up again. Apparently it takes a few minutes for it to actually close even after the window has closed because Windows keeps telling me I can't have two instances of this program open.

Finally, the client starts back up. This time, it doesn't seem to think I'm trying to access the game from Greater Greater Lesser Trucial Abyssistan or wherever and accepts my login and password. Yay! I can has Game Time now?

Well, of course not. This is a MMO and there's patching to do.

"It just came out," I say to myself. "How bad can it be?"

Reader, NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION.

The patch itself isn't that bad, like 150 mb. No, the trouble begins when it goes to integrate itself with the install and reports back that my installation - which has already consumed 45 minutes of my day - is somehow borked and that it needs to try to "Repair" things.

BY DOWNLOADING 11.6 GIGS OF FILES!

Seriously? Why the hell did I bother to install this thing if it's just going to insist on doing it again, only more slowly?

So anyway, long story short (tl;dr version): I'll see you online tomorrow. Maybe.

One thing for sure - I'm definitely more inclined to go Sith at this point. Force choking people sounds pretty theraputic.

EDIT: At least it's finally working.

Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:48 pm
We don't have any plans tonight, so I'll be on either Arynne or Irynne =)

[shaman] Auriele
[mage] Mizzy
[priest] Worgana
[druid] Therestome
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 pm
Well I finally got it up and running in a fairly playable state. Initially, I was in the 20 fpm range, but after some serious finagling, I'm at around 10-15 fps. If anyone has some tips and tricks for improving performance and such, let me know!

Darth Sion was full for me and on the west coast, so I made a Jedi Consular named Xel'jek on the Master Dorak server. How are you all enjoying it so far? How's DS coming along?

-OJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 pm
I've rolled multiple characters at this point, mostly just to grab the names.

Neiran - 10 Jedi Sage
Irenna - 10 Jedi Knight
Singarti - 7 Sith Warrior
Akaterin - 4 Imperial Agent

It's ok, so far. The Consular and Knight storylines on Tython were fun, although I liked the end of the Consular much more than the Knight, which I thought was kind of cheesy.

Voice acting is cool, but I read so much faster than these people talk and the alien speech either doesn't have enough sound files or the rng keeps giving me the "ni wanna wabba" clip over and over again.

Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:35 pm
Ojiron wrote:
Well I finally got it up and running in a fairly playable state. Initially, I was in the 20 fpm range, but after some serious finagling, I'm at around 10-15 fps. If anyone has some tips and tricks for improving performance and such, let me know!

Yikes. I don't play on a Mac so I don't know what to tell you. You're running natively or in Parallels/whatnot?

I made Sal: Jedi Knight Guardian and Salovia: Sith Warrior and a couple others for kicks, but right now Sal is my 'main' and close to 20 or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 am
Unfortunately, there's not much more I can do on my side, but I think Bioware will probably do some more optimization in the coming weeks / months, since a lot of people are struggling to run it even on good systems.

I'm loving the Consular story so far, so who knows when I'll get around to the next toon :p

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm
User avatarFriendlyPosts: 24Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 am
Bioware needs to fix the issue of not being able to add people to your friends list...asap. Its quite annoying that i can't add anyone unless they are online. And its hard to tell if they come online when i can't add them to my friends list.