<  Off Topic  ~  Truthiness and Elder Scrolls Online

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:03 pm
User avatarReveredPosts: 71Location: Columbia, MOJoined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 pm
There is now a Truthi outpost on ESO.

Msg @AugustusX and I'll add you.

Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:49 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 221Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:12 pm
What faction did you roll? I know Dobert rolled Covenant.

How many characters can you have? I was reading there aren't really realms like WoW.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 pm
User avatarExaltedPosts: 155Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am
I'm playing on the Aldmeri Dominion faction. Feel free to add me @sukena :)

As to your questions, a couple weeks late:

You can roll up to 8 different characters. You'll play one. 7 will be mules. Space is at a premium. LOL The reason I say this is, first you play through your faction's quest line. This should take you up to level 50, unless you play like me, in which case.... you'll hit at least level 45 by the time you "beat" the game. Once you hit 50, you start into Veteran Ranks. Currently there are 10; shortly they will add 2 more with the addition of the first 12 man "adventure zone" (think: raid, I believe). At this point, the main story gives you a quest: "Hey, what if you washed up on a different shore? Let's find out!" And poof, you're doing the entire next faction's storyline. And then the third. That will, theoretically, take you to Rank 10. That's if you do every dungeon, every dolmen, every world boss, every quest hub, and grind some mobs.

There are currently 1 US and 1 European server. They're situated about 10 feet from each other currently, so you can technically roll 16 toons, although, like Diablo 3, the servers cannot talk to each other, and you actually have to download 2 separate versions of ESO. I can't see how anyone could possibly ever have time to ever even consider it.

That said, I've been having a blast playing. Just be mentally prepared that it's a grind. Nearly 6 days /played, and I've only seen perhaps a third of the game. :)

FYI - it doesn't matter what faction you choose, in terms of guilds. They're account-wide. Faction will limit you from grouping with other factions though.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:30 pm
I downloaded the game last night, but I'm still massively confused about how to translate WOW-land things into ESO.

Apparently it doesn't matter what race/class I pick or something right? role and skills are determined by weapons?

Why would anyone wear less than heavy armor?

So we can be in different factions and still be in the same guild? How does that work for PVP? I know the three factions fight each other, so I assume I'd be able to lay OG out on the battlefield if we were in different factions.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:24 pm
I'm @salovia FYI on Covanant faction, but only level 1 so no allegiance.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:27 pm
User avatarExaltedPosts: 155Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am
Yup! You want to be a sorcerer tank? Wear heavy armour and carry a one-hand/shield combo. You want to be a dragonknight healer? Wear light armour and use a restoration staff! When you hit level 10 (maybe 15), you get an ability that allows you to switch between two weapons (including changing your bar, kind of like switching to bear/cat/moonkin form as a druid) by hitting the ` button (beside the 1).

For instance, I've been levelling as an odd combination of a healing warlock essentially. I have a 'tank' type pet, and use some of my sorcerer abilities but also have 2 healing spells on my bar too. But, when I find myself in a group where I don't need to heal myself, I switch over to my destruction staff and kick ass. With the destruction staves, there are even multiple kinds (fire, lightning, frost) that have varying abilities depending on the kind it is.

I wear light armour only. It gives a mana replenishment boost that, as a healer/caster, I need.

Medium armor is great for stealthy-type characters, and heavy is great for tanking type gear.

Different factions, same guild, yes. PVP, you would be against OG if he's a different faction.