<  PVE  ~  Highmaul Raiding Logs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:54 pm
User avatarExaltedPosts: 155Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am
Well, starting tonight!

Didn't remember to start logging until after the second boss kill unfortunately, but that won't happen again (thanks AMR addon with automatic logging!).

AskMrRobot hasn't opened his raiding logs yet, so we only have World of Logs for this week.

Here we go!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:35 pm
AMR still isn't up. :( Hopefully next week logs will be available here.

In any case, we still have World of Logs!

We had some really good pulls tonight, but we'll need to step up our damage a bit to beat the enrage timer. I'll be around over the next week to tank or heal randoms, if there is anyone who hasn't maxed out to minimum 630 gear yet. As well, if you are a crafter, please please please take advantage of your professions and make yourself some 640 gear.

edit:
Just looking at the log, and the last 2 attempts (when we hit enrage) we didn't use Hero!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:24 pm
World of Logs

Ask Mr Robot

Two new bosses down!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 pm
Ask Mr Robot log here!

Two new bosses down tonight! Really good teamwork! :D

Edited to add World of Logs log as well. Messed up last night. :)

Last edited by ninde on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:32 am
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 221Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:12 pm
The damage rankings on the left of the damage done is really interesting.

According to AMR, for my gear as a destruction warlock, I ranked:

- 86th percentile for Brakenspore
- 91st percentile for Twin Ogres
- 54th percentile for Ko'ragh

My DPS was also lowest on Ko'ragh.

Zumi hit 99th percentile on Ko'ragh!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:50 pm
HonoredPosts: 28Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:45 pm
That new info in AMR for rankings is very helpful for setting personal benchmarks. For Koragh, I don't think that fight measures damage dealt properly due to the shielding mechanic (magic damage not being counted), which would explain why our casters had <50% of their normal dps compared to other fights.

-OJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:22 am
Yes, I agree on that OJ. The meters were way off (on some attempts most were sub 6k on my recount).

I'm really curious to see what the new Analysis section on AMR will look like when they release it.

However, keep in mind that AMR doesn't seem to be used as much as WoL is for the 'top' raiding guilds, as our dps ranking percentiles is lower on WoL. For instance, where AMR shows Nezumi as 99th% for Kor'ragh, WoL has her at a still very respectible 79.5%.

That said, we downed 2 new bosses this week so obviously we are doing something right!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:52 am
WOL definitely gives more detail that is helpful for self-improvement, like dot uptime, etc. It's just so many damn clicks to see the basic stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:21 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:56 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:39 am
ninde wrote:

Wow - for our sub 50% Imperator pulls all of the DPS were below the 50th percentile bracket. Same for Healing with the exception of Holy on two fights.

Two thoughts here:

• Maybe I could do Arcane wrath stuff. It sucks more to move and cast for me, but I know OG and Zumi have much higher opening burst and sustained damage than I do. With Soul Leech I actually absorb a shit ton over the course of the fight (healed me for 1.2M on our best imperator pull). I also took Soul Link which is like 20% damage reduction on me and heals for a bit as well. I also run with these glyphs: Glyph Of Siphon Life, Unending Resolve. Lots of damage reduction and leeching on me. Might be worth it to have Oghma and/or Zumi just blast the boss. I'd still need help of course.
  • I wasn't able to cleave the arcane add during phases 1-3 as much as I wanted. Lots of time it was out of range. Being able to cleave with Chaos Bolt on cooldown with Havoc would help a TON for my personal damage done. Even if I'm doing arcane soaking this might actually be a net increase for me. I don't know if melee are just cleaving it or if anyone is switching to it, but maybe there's an optimization there we can look at.

For our best Imperator pull: Again my pet did about 25% of my overall damage. DUMB.
I cast Rain of Fire 4 times and it did a total of.... 43k. Meanwhile Arc's starfire NON CRIT ticks for 27k A FREAKING TICK. PER TICK. PER. FREAKING. TICK. The lowest crit of a starfire cast did 41k - the lowest crit hit for as much as four total casts of rain of fire. Insanity. This shit is literally only useful during moving and then only if there are no <20% cleaves I can do, or conflag charges up. So lame :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 pm
salovia wrote:
starfire

Hey dumbass, this is the single-target nuke, not the dot. MORON.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 pm
Okay, so my first attempt at this was swallowed whole by the nether void and my second attempt was turned into "abc 123" by my son, so here's my final essay. :)

I want to expand on your first comment, Sal, with numbers. First, dps.

World of Logs has a neat section where it has statistics for fights, complete with averages and charts and all that fun stuff. So I thought it might be interesting to compare average dps & hps for Imperator.

DPS

WoL Median: 258,659 DPS ; average: 272,131 DPS
Truthiness: 144,033 DPS

That's a difference of like, 130,000. Which is a lot. Some of it is definitely due to mechanics. Oghma and Nezumi's damage is exceedingly low compared to usual, with their debuff juggling. Some of it is probably gear related. Either way, we're definitely going to have to step it up to the tune of 14k (per dps) or almost 12k (per dps/tank), which I don't know is possible simply by changing mechanics alone... although I'm certainly willing to try.

I have a couple of ideas:

1) Can 2 healers juggle the debuff instead? I'm thinking myself (as a pretty mobile resto druid) and Jyngo. Alternatively, I think maybe I could do it with another mobile ranged.

2) Maybe it would be an idea to switch a healer to dps. I honestly don't know if it can be three healed in our current gear, but generally the quicker things die, the easier things are to heal. Also, I don't know if any of us have a viable off spec. This would allieviate some of the required bump in our dps to between 9k-11k.

Healing

WoL: Median: 128,473 HPS, average: 132,784 HPS
Truthiness: 117,918 HPS
Truthiness (raw; incl. overhealing): 161,044 HPS

Healing's a tough one, as Holy keeps reminding me. Numbers don't necessarily always tell the whole story. At the end of the day, we're not healing enough because we're wiping. But are we wiping because of the healing? We are doing less than the average hps in a kill, but nearly 30% of our healing is overheals, and including those we are way over. So I guess we likely need to heal "smarter". Set up a cooldown rotation, stack better for better aoe heals and therefore better mana conservation, perhaps work on more stable 'stack points' so (Mizz and I specifically) can place our healing rains and mushrooms more strategically. I know personally, my mushroom now has a much higher mana cost and it can easily wipe me out if I have to re-place them more often than they expire on their own (30 second duration). Not to mention, they're useless if no one is standing in them. I know that it's not really possible to have stable stacking points in ranged, but I am myself having trouble expecting where the melee group will end up.

Of course, a lot of the overhealing is from unavoidable ticks of hots. My rejuv is a big offender; Mizz's healing rain; Holy's beacon (holy shit, Holy, btw); Jyngo's uplift.

I think it boils down to, we need more dps. Whether that means changing up strategy, getting more gear, learning our rotations & cooldowns better, ensuring everyone is properly potted and flasked and well fed, not to mention gemmed and enchanted, I don't particularly care how we go about it, but I'd really love to see this boss downed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 pm
I don' t think we're needing more HPS. I think the healing crew is doing well. DPS needs to get better. I think we're losing a lot by having OG/zumi do arcane thing.

The minor optimization of standing near the boss at the pull, and then starting on the other side so we get more uptime on the boss himself are the kinds of improvements we need to make.

Keep in mind we're not even to the hard phase yet - that big add has as much health as the mages, so I'm not sure a hero will make up the difference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:58 am
After chatting a bit with Reg last night, I realized that my math is wrong and while we are behind in DPS, we're not as behind as my scenario kind of indicates... So there's that. I forgot to factor in that AMR average dps will include groups anywhere from 10-30; the majority of them likely include more raiders than us, which would skew the overall average up.

Soooo, I decided I should look directly at some other guilds' AMR logs and found one with a very similar group comp to us:

2 tanks
10 DPS
3 heals

Average DPS (incl tanks) was just shy of 18k. Highest for this one was 24.5K, lowest was 11K.
Kill time: 10m:44s

On our best attempt (24%), we had:

2 tanks
8 DPS
4 heals

Average DPS (incl tanks) was 13.8K. Our highest was 17.8K, lowest was 10K.
Wipe @ 10m:13s

So we still need to up those numbers, just maybe not as crazily as I initially thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:45 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:39 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 pm
GO TEAM!

Two new bosses down this week!

Ask Mr Robot

World of Logs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:19 am
My damage was about 1.5K DPS higher on our butcher kill than our Imperator kill. I had very high up time on both (99.8+).

I feel like I should have higher DPS on Imperator since it's a cleave fight for me. I was pre-potting on butcher and I know I had better cooldown usage with my trinket procs, but cleaving adds should have been a huge boon to me. I'll have to dig in later and see if the WOL data tells me what I'm slacking on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:49 pm
Two thoughts:

1) Tons more movement in the Imp fight. You just have to stand and push buttons for Butcher.

2) Your ilvl went up between fights. (You went up an ilvl bracket according to AMR log, anyway.) Did you get a new drop? Maybe you replaced a really badly itemized item for a great itemized item.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:22 pm
Even with movement and gear I should be cleaving things a lot better. just going to have to improve my personal playing a bit there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:07 pm
World of Logs

Ask Mr Robot

Oh, and I finally got the stupid downloader to Warcraft Logs to work today too, so trying that out. They added in a new feature, which is really cool - "Problems". It has a really, really simple breakdown of who use a pot & who didn't, and a breakdown of various issues from mechanics of fights. It's actually very cool.

Check it out!

omg also check out the Replay option! Compared to world of logs, I think I like this one better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:11 am
Try to guess where in this graph my trinket was proccing...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 am
I find warcraftlogs to be way more informative and useful than WOL or AMR. The 'Buffs' tab in particular shows a ..... line graph thing with uptime on offenseive/defensive/active/passive buffs. Super helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:33 am
User avatarReveredPosts: 71Location: Columbia, MOJoined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 pm
salovia wrote:
I find warcraftlogs to be way more informative and useful than WOL or AMR. The 'Buffs' tab in particular shows a ..... line graph thing with uptime on offenseive/defensive/active/passive buffs. Super helpful.

It seems to be the most popular log tool on several sites as well, including MMO-Champion.

Is there an add on that you download to compile the data? That's how Ask Mr. Robot works, is it not?

Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:15 pm
There's a client that I downloaded that allows the upload to the website, from the combat log. The AMR client is super helpful in that it has an auto-log feature whenever I go into a raid (SoO and newer I think). When I tried before Christmas, I kept getting an application error that prevented me from playing around with it but decided to check it out again last night.

I'm really impressed with it. I think I'm going to stop logging on WoL and switch to AMR & WL instead (no reason to have it on 3 places, but I think AMR has its applications as well).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:34 pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:30 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:23 pm
Sorry, Holy! Got distracted making valentine's cards with the kids and forgot to upload the logs last night :)

Choose your poison:

Warcraft Logs

World of Logs

Ask Mr Robot